Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Preschool

Today I woke up to Daddy singing "first day of school!!!" to me.
Mommy was extra busy this morning and kept saying "school" a lot too.
I didn't understand this new word but I knew something exciting was coming.

THEN. Mommy showed me the "monkey".



At first I was unsure. And Leah kept sniffing it.



Then I warmed up to it.



Mommy kept saying "cheeeese" and calling out my name, but my new "monkey" friend was more interesting.



I was dressed in all blue and ready to head out the door.



I tried to stay still as long as I could. But I can't stand in one place for long.

We sang and talked in the car, while Mommy said words like "teacher", "friends", "play" and "fun". Mommy seemed excited, so I was excited. Soon we arrived at school and Mom grabbed about 10 different bags while I waited for her in the stroller. When we got to my room my teacher was blowing bubbles!!!! I love bubbles. They made me want to run into the classroom. So I did. Mom hung up my lunchbox and back pack and gave me a hug bye, but I didn't notice ANY of this. I was zoned in on the bubbles and new shiny toys.

Today at school I danced, sang, heard my teachers tell a story, played outside, ate lunch at a BIG boy table, rough-housed with the other boys, cuddled with my teacher in the rocking chair and made lots of silly faces. When Mom came to pick me up all of the other kids were sleeping, but I was up and ready to party. My teacher told Mommy she "LOVED me" and that I was very "animated", "silly" and so "sweet". She also said I was trying to talk a lot.

I was really excited to show Mom my new "school". I walked around the whole school swinging my arms and pointing at all of the new, exciting things. The whole way home we laughed and talked. After being super silly at home for an hour, I CRASHED (at 3pm) for two full hours.

Today was a GREAT day. I loved my FIRST day of preschool!

- Orien


3 comments:

  1. Great post. Love it. He's going to do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness he jumped into it with both feet. Good for him. Way to go big boy Orien. Aunt Rhonda is so proud of you. Love ya big man.

    ReplyDelete