Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Officially Summer (photo heavy post!)

Memorial Weekend was spent at the lake with Andy, Aaron and their three kiddos. I'm not going to type much in this post since being at the computer aggravates my back and neck! So enjoy the pics of our long weekend. It was a GREAT one!



O had a great set up on the way to the lake. Unfortunately, this lasted only 10 min before an hour long tantrum arose. 


O'Ryan was happy happy to be on the boat. He's wearing his Parrain's (Eric's) old batman vest. It was just yesterday Eric was wearing that.


Aaron, Kolt, Andy




The most annoying (and very LOUD) toy in the world!!!




O'Ryan loves Kadence






Dinner in New Braunfels along the river






Visiting the brand-new Bucees, the biggest one yet.






First family visit to the new Skeeters stadium for some baseball. I felt so grateful to be able to do all of this stuff with my boys! Last week's injections seemed to take care of a lot of my inflammation for a few days.


O couldn't put the popcorn down.




The stadium is pretty awesome. It's so much more than just a normal stadium. They have a POOL! Can you see the cool waterfall falling into the pool?


There's a HUGE playgroup on the edge of the stadium! 


O and I spent most of our time here.


And yes they have a splash pad too :)




Riding the carousel!


My cutie.




Ending the day with dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse, which is also new in SL. It passed the taste test! 


After dinner, a bit worn out from a long, eventful weekend.


The lake was fun but it's always nice to be back home.


 Isn't this picture flattering? I had two rounds of facet injections the past two weeks. The procedure was not scary or painful at all. Probably because I was OUT. I decided I'm a big fan of anesthesia!!! The first round I received 7 injections in my neck, and yesterday I had 8. I'm SO SO bummed to say that the first round started wearing off on Wednesday, just 7 days after my procedure. I'm putting ALL of my faith in God for healing. 

Just as Proverbs 3:6-8 says,

"Seek His will in ALL you do, 
and He will show you which path to take...
then you will have healing for your body,
and STRENGTH for your bones."



Yesterday resting, icing, napping ALL day :)


*****************

There's a lot in this world I don't know. I don't know how I will feel next week. I don't know if my current doctors are the answer. I don't know how much more we'll spend on medical bills. I don't even know if I'll be here tomorrow. We're certainly not guaranteed it.

But I know this. 

I move my life at a slower pace now. O'Ryan and I literally stop and smell roses every time we see some. I made a promise to myself I would. I soak in God's magnificent creations around me - the singing birds, the sun-lit leaves in trees, the blowing palms in my backyard. I am now stronger, wiser, calmer, kinder because of what I've endured. 

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."
James 1:2-4

I have perspective

Perspective is one of the most amazing gifts God has given me. What I previously viewed as ugly, dark and messy, I now see with clearer eyes as a beautiful battle that has pushed me to grow like nothing else. I feel more perfected! More complete! I need nothing! Just my Savior. 

I have surrendered ALL. And my joy is complete.

That, I do know.


No comments:

Post a Comment