Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

18 Months!






Look at little O a year ago. Back when he was too young to know to take his hats off! Ha! It's insane what a difference a year makes. He's a mini person now! This will be my last "monthly" post. It's been fun but I think it's time to stop now that he's a year and a half.

Let see...this month Orien has had some major changes! He started preschool and loveeee loves it. Every  day when I pick him up the teachers tell me he is the most social and most active kid. One of his teachers told me yesterday that he's super smart and observant. She couldn't believe how well he listens. I'll just pretend she doesn't tell any of the other moms that :) Orien has become a social little dude. He kisses everyone... On the mouth if they'll let him (which I usually don't let him). I've seen his confidence skyrocket, which is so awesome to see as his mom. He's really verbal, although I have no idea what he's saying 90% of the time. Like I posted recently, O understand everything. I mean everything! I don't know if that's normal for this age, but that's what people usually comment on when meeting him for the first time. They are so surprised at how much he listens and understands. 

Speaking of listening, O has really improved in the listening/behaving department. It was never a major issue but he had his moments. He still does have his moments, but when we say "do you want a timeout?" or "Orien stop please", he stops and behaves. He hits less and tantrums less. This could all be temporary but hey, I'm gonna brag and enjoy it while I can! And wow has his energy level gone UP. If I were to run around screaming (happily) and banging things and climbing furniture and chasing the dog and spinning in circles literally ALL day...I would be totally worn out. But Orien some how manages to keep truckin' all day (with a 2-3 hr nap squeezed in) with SO MUCH ENERGY. It's nice because he definitely entertains himself for longer periods of time now. And ya know how nice that is for Mom :)

We have his 18 month check-up soon and I'm very interested to see what he weighs. It seems he was stuck at the 20-21 lbs mark forever. He had dropped off the scales in the weight department. No worries though, it's genetic as you could probably guess. He eats but he picks all day off and on. 



Check out Orien now at 18 months... I think this photo is cute because of his lack of diaper and goofy expression. Love it!




3 comments:

  1. I Love When He Gives Hugs. It is just the Cutest thing ever!!

    Happy 18th Months Orien!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's doing great. Love the kisses.

    ReplyDelete