Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Days 9 - 12

Day 09 A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days.

George Strait is my go-to guy when I need a pick-me-up. His songs remind me of my childhood. How could his smooth voice not improve my day? The past year or so I have been into Christian music. On the days I need desperately need inspiration and hope, I let the lyrics and music of Christian bands lift my spirits. Works like a charm!


Day 10 Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.

COFFEE. Hands down.


Day 11 Someone or something you definitely could live without.

I definitely could live without bad drivers. They can turn my happy mood into a very very bad mood in a split second.


Day 12 A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.

Several years ago I read Michael Crichton's State of Fear and it sparked my interest in the "global warming" phenomenon. The book discusses how every decade society seems to be obsessed with living in a state of fear about one thing or another. It used to be AIDS and then Y2K. Currently it's global warming. Although it's a fictional thriller novel, Crichton (like in all of his books, including the Jurassic Park series) adds in a large amount of factual research. After reading State of Fear I researched the topic on my own and formulated my own views. I do this on all controversial issues. Although I call myself a conservative, I never just side with the majority of conservatives. I take my time in forming my own opinions. So what is my opinion on global warming? FALSE.

Sorry Al.

1 comment:

  1. gotta love george strait! he seriously calms my nerves. i can't tell you how many accidents i see everyday because people don't know how to drive. i hate driving home everyday from work, i have to say it's the only time of the day where i am so moody.

    ReplyDelete