Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Weekend

Blogging has been put on the back-burner, but I wanted to give a weekend wrap up!

This past weekend David was allowed to view OU's football team practices. David's birthday was Friday. He said it was the best gift he could have received - to watch his son play on the football team of his alma mater. In two weeks I fly up to see Eric play in the Spring Game with my fam!!!! SOO excited.


Off to church!


Patricia update: Still living in the world of headaches and pain but I really do think relief is around the corner. I'm working closely with my new doc and massage therapist to get all of these mess under control. With God on my side, I know I'll be okay. I mean He conquered the WORLD...so He can fix this.


My mom thought it would be fun to buy David an old saddle for his birthday. Hm. Kinda odd, kinda cool. 


Something that IS super cool is my mom's butterfly garden. She's had one since I was in HS. If you've never had one, let me tell you, they are sooooooo awesome! It's educational, beautiful and so so fun to watch! My mom has lots of the milk weed plant in her backyard, which eventually gets covered in these striped black and yellow caterpillars. They start out teeny and quickly become plump after chomping on the milk weed. Then they (usually) crawl to a quiet, secluded place to form their cocoon. This guy below must have been either really brave or just really confused. He chose to put his cocoon right on the bottom of the back door frame. My mom as FOUR dogs. That are just that height. And they go in and out a LOT. Poor guy. He's survived so far. You can't see it in this pic unless you have superman vision, but every cocoon has gorgeous gold specks on them!!


Today we went to my mom's for David's b-day lunch. If you haven't noticed it is H-O-T out. The pool was just calling our names! Here Maqui was showing O the caterpillars. It's awesome because the Monarch butterflies fly all around the backyard once they come out of their cocoons. They're so beautiful.



He wanted a wine glass for his drink :)


Me: "Smile for the picture!"
O: "Groooooowl!!!!"




Hey little guy, or big guy.


We like to give fun gifts, especially to people like David who are difficult to buy for. See the super soaker squirt thing Chel has? That was David's present :) Go to Academy NOW and buy them. They have mini ones too. They come in handy when your kids (or dogs) don't listen.


This summer is gonna be FUN. He's three now and just loves the pool.


Virgin pina colada. Yum yum.


Momma & Chel


Gift was a hit.


My boy and his grandparents.


It was a great weekend with dinners with friends, church, volunteering, swimming and home team. Can't ask for any more than that!


No comments:

Post a Comment