Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

In Recent News...

In Recent News... Health Update, Angry Chickens, Giddy Up, and Inspiration from Beth!


This Week's Health Highlights

I'm a week into treatment! Unfortunately, things continue to grow worse. I'm looking forward to my doctor appointment in two weeks. It's possible to experience more pain before things turn around, so I was told. We will see. It's hard to really trust what any doctors/nurses say after everything I've been through. My faith is completely in my Healer.

My mom is amazing y'all. Every day she helps and checks in with me. She goes so above and beyond her call as a mother and friend. I'm so grateful for her help and the relationship we have. This is her and O'Ryan drinking coffee on Monday. My boy can down some cafe ole, like seriously. I don't encourage or recommend this, but some days ya gotta just give in, ya know?





Peek-a-boo.
He loves this box. Tonight he was laying in it singing "If I Die Young" on his microphone.


Angry Chickens Terrorize Innocent Visitors

The question is why? Why does RPC have chickens? And why are they always out wandering freely? Why are they so aggressive, enough so that I may have yelled some profanities on church property in front of my two year old? 

The time between when the first and second picture was taken was about 2.5 seconds. These guys can mooove. Have you seen them sprint? It's hilarious. 

We were there to feed the ducks. I've been stuck in my house all week and was dying to get out. We grabbed some old bread and drove to our church down the street. At River Pointe there's a nice lake out back. Brett and O'Ryan (unsuccessfully) went fishing there recently. The property is so peaceful, with large trees, nearby cows munching on grass...oh, and the vicious creatures you see below. 






Giddy Up! The Rodeo's In Town!

Last night was Rodeo Trip #3 for this year. Brett and I have been anticipating this night for several months! We went with The Browns to the rodeo, where The Band Perry was performing! They brought in the crowds - 74,000 people filled Reliant last night!! The best songs of the night were "If I Die Young", "You Lie", and "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)." I just love the lead singer. She's too cute!!! And can bring down the house with that voice.

Of course spending time with the Brown family was the icing on the cake for me! Got some precious snuggle time with their two year old, as she passed out in my lap :) (Rachel - Can I just tell you how GOOD your kids behaved? Y'all had been there ALL day and they were so well-mannered. Teeeeach meee.)


He was off to his grandparents house - for the night :)


If you're looking for the perfect baby...


Look no more!!! Little J is sooo sweet.


Abby & J

Christ IS Life. Inspiration from Beth Moore (again).

Every time I dive into this study I am completely blown away. As I read James and Beth's commentary on this book, I find myself highlighting, circling, underlining everything! I can't get enough. It all applies to my life SO much right now. But isn't that how it always is with the Word? Amazing

Anyway. I was wrapping up Day 4 of this week's homework and came across this:

"If we're willing, God is our SONG when we are happy, our ESCAPE when we are tempted, our HOPE when we're despairing, our JOY in tribulation, our STRENGTH in weakness, and our IMMORTALITY in dying. Ultimately, He Himself is our Health."

Um. Are you serious?? I read that and humbly drop to my knees, so thankful for my Father. The most difficult part of my life right now is that I feel alone. It's impossible to describe to someone what I feel (physically & emotionally) day to day. Then I read this and remember I'm never alone. He knows what I feel. And think. And pray. And hope for. He knows more and I even know! 

For "The Lord be exalted. He takes pleasure in His servant's well-being" (Ps 35:27). Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment