Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter


These are just some random pictures I found from earlier this year...





Easter 2012

This weekend was fairly low-key. O'Ryan had a birthday party, we all served at church, attended Easter service, ate dinner at Roadhouse, and hosted a family dinner Sunday afternoon. Most importantly we celebrated Christs' resurrection. It's only because of Him we have life. Eternal life! 


Off to church





Easter morning I *tried* to sleep in after a rough night's sleep. (Somebody kept coming in my room!) O'Ryan and Brett got up early and watched the Lion King. Right as I woke up Brett was making some pancakes and coffee :) Good timing on my part. After I refueled, O'Ryan did a little egg hunt in the backyard. As you can see from the photos below, he was pretty excited. Doesn't take much.

We decided not to do Easter gifts or baskets - just an egg hunt. I feel it's a good balance between the real meaning of Easter and the secular things that come along with the holiday. And really, the thought of him receiving gifts on the sacred day WE received the greatest gift of all, doesn't sit well with me. Plus, he just got like 1,001 presents from his birthday. We still don't know where to put it all...






This was the other day... hanging at my mom's.




Around the house...




View from Post Oak Grill - who knew?! We went on a fancy little date last week. SO MUCH FUN.




Good Friday at my mom's.


Beau supporting Eric, lol.
"OU"


Before cookie...


After...


(He dances every time he eats something really good, LOL. Okay, maybe I do that too.)


OMG my boy is adorable!!!


He spotted more butterflies! There were a TON in my mom's backyard :)


Little putt-putter. He was the best one out of us three. That's probably because he would put the ball right next to the hole every time and knock it in, ha.



After putt putt we cranked the music up and drove down 99. We ended up pulling over to say hi to some longhorns at the George Ranch.


Hope you enjoyed your long weekend!


1 comment: