Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Letting Go + Lake Pictures

A theme, goal, whatever you want to call it, in my life the past two years has been to slow down. I realize it goes against our culture and natural human instincts. If we all don't stop, take a breath, look around at what we're running to and from each day, we'll go a bit insane. I feel it's quite risky to live life in a rush. We trap yourself in a go-go-go mindset and end up missing out on the quite amazing and beautiful journey life has to offer. We wear our minds, bodies, spirits down until everything that truly matters (aka: people) suffers greatly.

As I move along in life and stumble upon trial after trial, I feel God whispering "slower...nope, even slower.." I feel I'm finally grasping what he has in store for me during this season in my life. I have a clearer vision of my priorities and Christian duties thanks to His whispers. Sometimes I want to scream, 'But I know what I'm doing! Just let me do this!' Who am I kidding?! Ha. Let go and Let God, right? So while everyone around me is packing their summers full of camps, swim lessons, and gymnastics...you'll find us doing just the opposite.

We'll be winging it. Pool one day? Sure! Park to feed the ducks another day? Why not! Lake house this weekend? Bring it on. The BEST childhood memories I have are of the completely random, spontaneous things we did with our family and friends. Time, moments, years are gone in a flash. O'Ryan is so so incredibly young. Camps, lessons, and all that junk can wait. Summer is a great time to push hard on the brakes. Let go, Let God, and Live it up!

___________________________________________

Last weekend was our first trip to McQueeney this year. We were pleasantly surprised with a little cool front, too. Although the weather was nice, I was itching to to the jetski and boat in warmer weather. The Guadalupe is just calling my name! Memorial weekend we plan on heading there with family and friends. From then on, most weekends will be spent in Central Texas, on the cool river with the cypress trees!






















1 comment: