Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

So Last Week...

Really started just like any other normal week.


We stopped in at the office to see everyone.


Made sure they were all working hard.


Had dinner at my parent's house (and O did some duck calls?).


Had a photoshoot with the dog.


Enjoyed the nice, cool grass until I stepped in a massive pile of crap!


But then the week turned out not so normal.


The reality and danger of the spreading Texas wildfires became more real as the winds blew a haze over Sugar Land.


Local fire stations sprang into action to help!


There's my mom. We volunteered for a bit and tried to load as many trailers as we could so they could head straight to Bastrop.


We were AMAZED how many people pulled up to drop things off (with a smile of their face)! Americans are pretty good at that
showing up when times are tough and people are suffering.

---------------------------

I was again reminded of the time Americans showed up for others and united the most ever in my lifetime when the 10th anniversary of 9/11 passed yesterday. We watched the news coverage on the 9/11 ceremonies. I felt the need to grieve and pray right along side of the victims' family members. 

----------------------------



Of course back at home things seemed pretty normal again. Lots of football was watched and quite a few needed naps were taken (by all of us).

-------------------------

In our own bubble things are often okay and comfortable. By choosing to step out of that bubble allows us to be challenged, which in turn will prompt CHANGE in ourselves! I have to remind myself to step outside of my world and into others that may not be so great. Every time I do that I return home more grounded, more grateful and SO much more closer to God. 

From normal to chaotic to saddening...that was our week!

No comments:

Post a Comment