Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Before & After: Blue Moose

BEFORE:



AFTER:



Impressive isn't? The before & after?

When I was still working (I worked for my mom & David and the family business), I remember the day David called me over to check out this Jackson Hole property that was for sale. It didn't look like much. The house was boxy, old, and the land was way over-grown. But David, as usual, saw beyond what everyone else saw. He saw potential and dreamed BIG!

That was the start of the biggest real estate project they've taken on yet. My mom headed it up and after two years of her blood, sweat and tears, arose the beautiful "Blue Moose Lodge." In Jackson Hole, like many vacation spots, people name their houses. My mom chose Blue Moose because at night the moose have a blue hue under the moon. Or at least in our heads they do, lol. I worked with my mom on a logo for the Lodge. I don't have a file of it on my computer, but will post that soon. 

So after lots of paper work, meetings and long-distance phone calls, construction began. Down came the 1970s home and my mom's vision began to take shape. She worked closely with an architect and contractor (and plenty others!) to design every nook and cranny of Blue Moose. All you see is straight from her! I'm still so proud!

Blue Moose was built to be a rental home. It's a 6 bedroom, 6.5 bath with great balconies and views of the Tetons and slopes. Visit their website to read more and see more gorgeous pictures.

Below are some photos of the construction phase.


























Jarrod (our awesome contractor) often had visitors on the property. And sometimes had to run for their lives because the moose got too close!





This stair case was designed by my mom - AMAZING!!








All of the lighting fixtures, cabinetry, floors and stone are from local shops. Definitely adds a unique touch to the house.






This is half of the game room. This area also includes a shuffle board table!!! My favorite.








Here are photos from our January trip to JH with my mom. We hung out at the new house a lot and played with Baily, Jerrod's chocolate lab :)













No comments:

Post a Comment