Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

June x3 (and some thoughts...)

A look back...


JUNE '09




JUNE '10




JUNE '11




Orien has been extra sweet lately. The whining has (mostly) disappeared for now! Yes! Maybe because I was away all last weekend? I think he missed his Momma. Here are some things that he's been doing that make me just want to eat him up:

* Mommy, you okay? (he always just checks if I'm okay, lol)

* Ooooo, you cuuuute Mommy

* I want hold hands peeaaaz (in the car)

* HEY Mommy!! I wuv you!

* Thank you Mommy! (he says thank you 1000x a day I swear - and he says it was such meaning, priceless)

* Boo boo in mouth okay? All better Mommy? (he knows I have pain in my mouth a lot - due to my grinding)

* I want hug peeeaz (he holds me SO tight and lays his head on my shoulder - makes me melt)

I was telling Brett last night that I'm really starting to see a special, unique bond form between O and me. Brett and Orien have their own relationship - it's FUN, rough, loud, action-packed! Where Orien and I have a silly, sweet, affectionate bond. We have our own little things that we do and think are funny. We tell each other stories and talk about our day. We pray together, sing in the car out loud and always observe the world around us from a kid's perspective. I see SO much of my mom in me. As I'm going from one thing to the next throughout my day I feel myself growing more like her every day. That makes me incredibly happy because as I've said 1000x before, she is an absolutely AMAZING mom, friend and person. It feels good to pass on her light-hearted attitude and young, kid-like spirit down to my son. 

Orien has no hope.

He's destined to be a goofball :)

3 comments:

  1. Great post. "Destined" is already here.
    He is a goofball in the best kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you might of already tried this.. But have you tried getting a good professional night guard at your dentist? I used store bought ones for almost a year and would always wake up with them under the sheets, under my bed (yes,crazy) etc. I finally got a prof one made, it took me about a month to get used to it but I won't go to sleep without it! No mouth pain, no teeth pain, no headaches. It's great! Hope this might help

    ReplyDelete