Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

In The Kitchen

Lately I have been oddly motivated to try new recipes and get myself in the kitchen more. Cooking has never been my thing. I feel uncomfortable when cooking, especially when trying new dishes. I actually get anxious! Crazy. Actually, not that crazy, for me :)

But I have made a goal for myself...try a new recipe (main or side dish) once every 2 weeks. I've succeeded so far! Last week I made bacon-wrapped green beans, homemade chili and lasagna from scratch! And it all passed the taste test :)




It's soooo nice to be back home and have a weekend with nothing planned. And by nothing planned I really mean: swimming with friends, church, carnival, dog show and home team :) 

We are REALLY loving being at home.




Every day is still a struggle with my anxiety. I physically feel it off and on and it wears. me. out. Good news: Monday (hopefully) will be the end of health issues for me. And pain!!! I get my new mouth guard. I cannot express just how exhausted I am from this ongoing pain. I am so ready to move on from this. Anyway, I think when I don't have to battle pain on a daily basis, my anxiety will decrease a bit. I am hitting the gym 4x/week, which helps a lot. Also, I have for force myself (why? who knows) to relax more when Orien naps. I am so programmed to GO GO GO that I don't naturally think 'Hm, I should sit down and read or jump in the pool or (OMG) take a nap!' So I'm working on that one currently...
as you can see here...




Brett and I went on a date last week with Aaron & Andy. We make it a priority to go on a date twice a month and it works WONDERS for us. Even if we don't have much to talk about :) It's simply refreshing to just sit and eat. I am incredibly thankful for our family and friends who regularly babysit for us. You are SOOOO appreciated!


Orien's first time to decorate cupcakes.


He was so excited when he woke up to all of this he could barely get a sentence out, lol.


In case you're skeptical whether Orien is really Brett's son or not...


Here's proof. 

Orien HATES getting messy. It took him 30 minutes to finally pick up the cupcake and eat it. Even then he kept asking 'Mommy clean me please?'

No comments:

Post a Comment