Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This & That

We've been out of town a lot so I'm behind on posting! Here's a little of this & that about our lives lately:

* Orien and I enjoyed a FULL 10 days at the lakehouse last week

* I'm officially not gluten-free anymore; found out I'm allergic to soy!


* We had a great home team meeting Sunday and also hung out with the ladies this morning. I feel blessed to have a good group of women to grow in faith with.

* Attended River Pointe's Women's Night yesterday and learned SO much about friendships


* I'm currently reading A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard, the girl who was kidnapped and held captive for 18 years. It's very interesting but difficult to read.

* Friday I'm having moms from my playgroup over to swim again! Should be a blast like last time.


* My goal for the next few months is to try out a new recipe every 2 weeks. Now that I don't have to cook GF, I'm very motivated!

* I'm struggling with the balance of working out and play time. I want to be in shape but going to the Y really cuts into our summer playdates, etc. 


* This Fall I'm looking forward to so many things at our church. One of those is a women's bible study lead my Tanya - my fav!

* Eric is playing in the Texas All-Star Football game this weekend. I can't wait to see how he plays.


* Speaking of football... Orien's throwing and catching skills are improving even more lately. He throws a mean spiral. Can someone vouch for me? Orien is a stud when it comes to sports. Always has been.

* I've been thinking about getting baptized for over a year now. I think I'm ready, finally.


* While waiting to pick up prescriptions at CVS today, I had the opportunity to share our testimony about Brett's cancer to a pharmacists. It just made my day!

* We hopefully will get accepted by the Texas Risk Pool soon. That way we can stop paying $200/prescription and doctor visit.


* Brett & I are trying out Houston's new Studio Movie Grill in town. Can't wait for a double date with one of our favorite couples - The Boeses'. 

* My head and jaw pain should be gone soon!!!! I get my NEW mouth guard next Monday. Praise God!


* I definitely have things I could do right now while Orien sleeps, but guess what? I'm going to lay down and get rid of this headache! So HA! :)

Talk to y'all later!



2 comments:

  1. I'll vouch for the athletic abilities of Orien. He does throw a mean spiral. He's a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay for starters, I am so glad you are able to eat gluten. "Soy" really.
    Now I have a question. Can Orien get any cuter. I am looking at these pictures and just laughing and smiling. He is so adorable with those dogs. Patricia you are very lucky to have the dogs that are so awesome with children. Orien is one handsome little fellow. Can't wait to see him. Are you coming for Grace's party?

    ReplyDelete