Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Gift Basket

I put together a little gift basket for our friend who gave Orien free swim lessons this summer. Themed baskets are one of my favorite gifts to make and give.

What I Used:
  • green basket
  • glue gun
  • 2 scented candles
  • bow
  • shredded green paper
  • 2 skewers
  • roll of varied ribbons
  • heart stickers
  • 2 chap sticks
  • cardboard






Peeled off original label...



And hot glue gunned ribbon around it instead. I added a sticker at the seam.


I (Orien, actually) found some spare cardboard on a shelf at Target and I grabbed it knowing I could use it to stick the skewers in!


Added the green paper and used the empty candle box as a "lift" for setting up the gift basket.


The candle box gave the gift basket a more layered look.


Taped the skewers onto the gift cards.


Glued the bow onto the front and added a sticker.


I'm a HUGE lover of chap stick. I seem to give people this a lot when making baskets :) I taped them together and added the ribbon for decoration.


Set everything in...


And TA-DA!!

It's a simple, yet thoughtful gift. 

And so easy anyone can try it!

* Materials were all purchased at Target

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I love it. I'm calling you next time I need a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete