Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why, God?

I heard some news today. Not good news. 

No, it was not about any of family or close friends, but it just stopped me in my tracks and broke my heart. I cannot stop thinking about it and the people involved. 

The first thing I want to send up to God is WHY? Why let this happen God? Why them, why now? What good will come of this? I just don't understand. It makes me feel hopeless and angry and confused all at the same time. I just want to cry and scream with sadness.

Then I remember that we are not supposed to know all the answers. That's what having faith and trust in Him is all about. Trust blindly and willingly. What is important to focus on is God will absolutely not abandon them during this time. He will move even closer to them and hold and even carry them! The Bible says over and over that He is with the weak and weary. I've experienced it first-hand and can say that is 100% true. When I have been through difficult times that have rocked me to my core, I feel Him. When I have been on the floor crying out desperately to God, He surrounded me and calmed me down. When I ask - I feel His warmth, His arms, His love - literally! 

"Love is here, love is now
love is pouring from His hands, 
from His brow, love is near"
(Tenth Avenue North)

Although I'm not perfect and get angry and question God, I know He can handle it. God can take it. And you know what's amazing? Is He never judges or moves away from us because of it. He simply loves his children unconditionally. And that's something I can understand and don't need to ever question. 

Amen!

1 comment:

  1. The last time I truly felt this was a few months ago. I was incredibly upset but later took comfort in knowing that she stills smiles despite such a horrific tragedy and continues living her life. We just never know, but these moments serve as a reminder to me to try and make the most of my life!

    ReplyDelete