Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011, PERFECT!

Yes, this Mother's Day was absolute PERFECTION!




Why? 

Let's see...

My morning started out with GF pancakes made by Brett! My fav. I was also given the chance to shower and get ready for church all alone. Heaven.

Then we headed to church and boy was it PACKED. The energy at church was just aweome - so many moms and visitors were there. It was great! We actually brought a new friend yesterday too! I can't express how much JOY it brings me to introduce our church to newcomers. Even if they never come again, I just love that they see something that is such a huge, positive part of my life.

And bonus:  RPC gives FREE Mother's Day pics by the lake out back after each service. They have a well-oiled machine going with that! There were tons of people in line, but they had about 8 photography booths set up so there was NO wait. Awesome. I'll be sure to post the photo when I receive it.

Okay, y'all may or may not know but I'm a pretty lucky girl. My man just looooves to spoil me on my special days (and randomly!). He got me some GREAT work out gear, which is awesome since I'm working out a lot more now. Orien gave me some sweet new Nike tennis shoes, which was much-needed :) They're gray and hot pink - super cute!!! I usually gravitate toward blues and greens but I'm LOVING the pink.

Around lunchtime we headed to my Grandma's to have some food and good company. My fam was there, along with my aunt and cousins. It was a good time as always. I'm blessed to have a family that is SO FUN and so loving. (Parrain, we really missed you.)

The one thing I asked of Brett on this day was to help with laundry. And that he did!!!! Awesome babe. Love ya! Even if you left the whites in the dryer for me to fold and put away ;) Jk. You did great. While O napped, I read, napped and just had peace and quiet. A mother's dream!

It doesn't end there! Brett surprised me with a massage, which I always welcome warmly. The lady was great - she worked on my upper back (my usual bad spot) and even rubbed my jaw to help with my TMJ pain! Um, totally unexpected and amazing. I wanted to hug her. But of course didn't - just tipped her well :)

Then the three of us hopped in the hot tub and just laughed and laughed. Orien is always so so funny when we're in the hot tub, who knows why! Lol. Those are the best memories, just relaxing with my boys, not a worry in the world!

Man, these are the days, right?

So, like I said, my Mother's Day this year was absolute PERFECTION!

Thanks Brett and Orien! Y'all rock.



Momma, O and my Nan


Eric and his Aunt Glenda (notice how everyone matches?)





This kid has some great facial expressions.











My Mom and sister. Ah! They're so sweet, I just love them.

***************

Mom - like I've told you before many times. THANK YOU for being such an amazing example for me as a mom and person. It's helped me develop into who I am today - as a mother, wife, friend and daughter to you. We are blessed to have the relationship we have. I mean you are my BEST FRIEND and will probably always be! I think it's pretty cool that I have my mom as my bff ;) Thank you for always doing your best for us. And Lord knows it wasn't easy! You did a pretty dang good job. 

(Look how AWESOME I am now!!) 

:)

1 comment:

  1. We're planning on going to RPC again this Saturday before heading out to St. Theresa's Bazaar!

    ReplyDelete