Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Straight from the 2 year old's mouth (and his boo-boo story)

I wanted to write down some of the things Orien has been saying lately. 


"Mommy, that's weird"

"That's nasty"

"I have a oh-boh on my elbow!"

"Eeeeeeeeeewwww"

"Mommy, get out" 
(when I tried to snuggle with him in his bed at night time)

"Ooooh Mommy, look!!!! A bug!!! Ew. Ew. I don't wike it."

"I want the biiig one (in very deep voice)"

"Puppies, bad! Go outside!"

"Mommy go poo poo!!!" 
(every time we're in a public stall)

"I fart!!"

"Mommy, I want to faaaart!" 
(whiney voice)

"I want zoo, I want see amnals." (at the zoo) "Mommy, I don't wike that, I scared."

"I 'fraid, I 'fraid."

"Maqui sillllly!"
"HEY Mommy! HEY Weah! HEY Teton!"

"Mommy, I want Our God. I want Our God." (his fav song)

"Mommy on bus say 'shh shh shh baby'"

"Ni hao Walle!" 
(English: Hello Walle!)

"Winkle, winkle, wittle stah..."
(I need to get him singing the whole song on video)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A boo-boo won't slow us down!

Yesterday Orien hit a BIG milestone - first ER visit! I'm actually surprised it took until he was nearly 26 months to happen. He hit a coffee table and ended up with a pretty good gash above his eye. Luckily, the doctor was able to avoid stitches and just use glue (or whatever the medical term is for 'glue'). 

And let me tell y'all...Orien did GREAT! He's known to be a bit wimpy at times but he stayed strong while they cleaned it out and put the glue on. He did cry and squirm when the doctor rubbed it all in his gash (who wouldn't?), but that part lasted only 30 seconds. 

The glue should peel off on its own in 4-5 days. Then we'll apply Neosporin. And when it's completely healed we will lather on the Vitamin E, Mederma and sunscreen when we're outside! Doc said we won't even be able to see it after a while. It's true. When I was 2 1/2 I was bit by a dog straight in the face. My entire face was swollen and cut. 

This was after a few days I think. It was much better at this point.
Luckily a plastic surgeon was at the ER and available to sew me up! I barely have any noticeable scars today - amazing! 

Anyway, we were in and out of the ER within 30 min and Orien was GOOD TO GO! Brett was at the Bon Jovi concert all last night so Orien and I headed to the big park nearby after dinner. Man was the weather NICE. So many people were out playing, running, walking their dogs - I just love living in Greatwood. We had a blast getting our energy out. Then we swung together for about 20 min and sang all of the songs Orien knows. He can just about sing the entire ABC's now without missing a letter! Super proud momma here :)

Today we did a morning trip to the zoo with some mom friends. Again, the weather was awesome. Breezy, cool, cloudy. Just perfect. And SO rare for May in Houston. After this week that will all be long gone and we'll quickly welcome 100 degrees and 100% humidity. Hmmmm. I can feel it now.

Check out some photos from yesterday and today. Good news - the gash closed up a lot already. Yesterday it was pretty open but the glue seems to be working great. Thank you Lord for staying by our sides during the minor ordeal yesterday - You are so faithful to us!





























No comments:

Post a Comment