Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Get ready

for loads of photos! 

Here we go:




I helped my friend Jessica with this diaper cake. Turned out pretty cute. We threw a shower for one of the girls in our playgroup. She's having a boy very very soon!




And here's the train cake :) A gluten-free one too!




Decorations.




Orien enjoyed vaccuming more than anything during the party. If only they made real mini vaccums right? I'd buy one in a heart beat!




My mom and David took me to lunch in town last Friday for my birthday. Weird things often happen when Maqui is around... ;)




Like Orien wearing a napkin like a bandit and drinking sweet tea for 30 minutes of out his pacifier...




Orien, Eric and Eric's very large arm muscle. Eric has been working out NON. STOP. for months now. He's preparing to try out for the OU football team this fall - that's right. He's a stud, no matter what the outcome will be. He's put his mind to something and has stuck with it 110%. AWESOME.




My purrrty doggie. He's so photogenic (I think). 




So is my super adorable son :)




Feather head.




Yes! I caught an actual smile. I had to say "Orien show me your teeth."





Sweet picture.




This is Bear - and I would like to think I'm his "second momma" but I know that's not true. I think he probably has about 25 "second moms". But we're best buddies. He is my friend Shanna's dog and seriously needs to be on the cover of a magazine he's so darn handsome. Shanna's mom, Michelle, actually takes his to Children's Memorial Hospital to visit sick children. I just think that is the COOLEST thing ever. I'd love to do that some day.




And here is the lady of the hour!!!! Shanna! This is at her graduation party. We love her. She's my brother's best friend (or best girl friend, but not a real "girl friend", ya know?). She is super close with our family and we love her like she's one of our own. I look forward to see what God has in store for this lovely girl. She is mature beyond her years and has such a humble, honest, and selfless heart. It's so refreshing to meet people like her. I actually look up to her! We are totally blessed to know Shanna and her fam!




So our Home Team met at a couple's house out in the country so we could see their new baby boy. And WOW was he small and so precious. I forget how tiny newborns are!!! I can't believe Orien was ever that small, but he was born smaller than this little boy so I know he was that teeny at one time.




Little sweetie.




Their land and neighborhood (if you can call it that - just lots of open space and farm land!!) was breath-taking. I felt as if I could breathe deep breaths of clean, fresh air. It's nice to live near the country and feel the openness around you sometimes. 




He had SO much fun during our Home Team meeting. Can ya tell?




So today I had a lot of "Mom, boring" things to do, but I promised O we could feed the ducks at some point. And looooook...babies!!! I love ducklings, probably too much. They were adorable and weren't scared of us at all. Probably because we came with fruit loops in hand. I'm guessing that's not the healthiest food for ducks but they loved it so who cares, right?




And Orien LOVED it, as always.




He is an animal-lover, like ME :)




Orien has it made in life in general, but he really had it going on this afternoon. I gave him popcorn, put on "Cars", set up a little bed and handed him a tootsie roll sucker. He was SET. 




"Cars" is becoming popular around here.




He was pretty happy and entertained, but OF COURSE it didn't last long. One day he'll sit through an entire movie right? This momma needs some time to be productive :)

Okay, was that enough photos?? This week will be on and off fairly busy so I may not post for a while. Leave a comment if you read this - so I know SOMEONE is reading it! Lol. Because this post just took way too long for no one to read it, ha. 

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! I read!! Love it!! :) I enjoy all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here. Keep posting. Love It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now I feel silly sending you that FB msg saying the cake was gluten free HAHA! I really should go to sleep...

    ReplyDelete