Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Keep 'Em Busy!

We all know you have to keep those toddlers busy busy busy! I'm ALWAYS looking for new simple ways to keep mine entertained during the day (without leaving the house). Recently, I read a blog post about just that and came away with some great ideas. I tried one this morning and it was a big hit. I simply gave O a bowl of chocolate pudding in the empty bathtub and gave him two paintbrushes. He went to town for about 30 minutes. Woohoo! Heaven for this momma! I unloaded groceries and picked up the kitchen. Success :)












A few weeks ago while I was trying to pack I poured some flour in a pan for him to play with. He got some mini Tonka trucks and pushed them around in the pan for a good while. He actually barely made a mess. Another good way to entertain our little ones!










Here are several other things I've heard are good. Some we've tried, some we haven't.

1. Putting ice and some water in two separate pots and giving your child a big spoon to transfer the ice cubes back and forth. Sounds simple but apparently they love it! Be sure to put a towel underneath the pots. 

2. Pull out several different sizes of tupperware and fill them with uncooked beans. Give your little one a spoon and let him or her move the beans around. I know O would love this one.

3. Play dough! Give them trucks, cookie cutters, and other small objects that may be fun to use with play dough. I'll sit Orien in the highchair and he will play and play with it. 

2 comments: