Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

One Day

One day I'll have to set an alarm again.

One day I'll pee in peace.

One day I will be the one taking a nap.

One day my floors will stay clean for days instead of only hours.

One day I won't feel guilty for spending money on things for myself.

One day I won't be ready for bed by 9.

One day I will go to the mall with just me and my purse.

One day I won't watch SpongeBob every morning.

One day I will take my time showering and getting ready.

One day I will be able to leave the house on a whim in less than 5 min.

One day I will pack just two bags for a trip.

One day I'll sleep in 'till lunch.

One day I'll have a glass of wine without falling asleep shortly after.

One day I won't pick a restaurant based on how kid-friendly it is.


And then...
One day, before I know it, I'll miss snuggling my sweet little baby boy in my arms.




Life with small kids is crazy, but so so sweet. It's nice to think about "One Day", but I am absolutely loving TODAY and wouldn't trade it for anything.

(But one day I really do want to take a nap!)

7 comments:

  1. You should take a nap when he does, at least every once and a while.

    Such a precious picture.

    You're right. These days will be missed when they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So touching....They do grow up so fast!!! We really have to treasure every moment of every day, and I can now say that as a new mom..

    Love the photo... What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen sister!! One day.....
    But you are right, I know for certain I will miss these days with an ache in my heart and be soo sad when they are gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love lillian more than life itself, but i miss these days so much! i was just telling my friend about this. today i was thinking about the first time i saw lillian and i can't believe my 3 lb preemie is running, talking, drawing, and walks everywhere with me hand in hand. it seems like yesterday that i was carrying her everywhere, and i snuggled with her while she slept on my chest. i miss these days so much too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And one day you become a Grandparent and it starts all over again. But, you embrace it with gusto. You will look at your own child with so much pride watching them have the same feelings you felt for them. You see the exhaustion, frustration, fear and you know that it will be okay one day. Time goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I <3 this post... makes me want to cry

    ReplyDelete