Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Y-M-C-A

I found my saving grace this week. My saving grace for those moments when my mind and body want to explode due to mommy-stress-overload. Not that my son is a horribly misbehaved one year old...he's just that...a one year old (boy)! He makes mom feel stretched thin some days.

Back to my saving grace. What is it? As you probably have guessed from this post's title, the answer is the YMCA. We became members this week. We have a city-wide membership so we can visit any Y in Houston. We love the Katy Y, although it's a bit further. It's clean, new, big and offers a wide varitey of work out rooms and classes. The best part? The childcare is AWESOME. That's been a deal breaker for me for other gyms. For whatever reason, most gyms don't put much effort into making the childcare clean and well-equipped. The Katy YMCA does just that and more. Orien may not be totally stoked to go into the childcare, but he knows the drill (thanks to church childcare!) and has an okay time while mommy gets her sanity back!

Orien is signed up for summer swim classes in June. It is a child/parent class, meaning he and I will do it together and follow along with the teacher. At his age, this lesson is mainly to get them used to being in the pool and to just have fun. I'm planning on it wearing him out big time too...since his class is just before his morning naptime :) It's in the morning from 9-9:30am in the outdoor heated pool. Can't wait.

As for me, I look forward to trying some of the group exercise classes -- zumba, yoga, body pump, etc. This momma's gotta get toned for bathing suit season! I was blessed with "thin genes" yes, but doesn't mean I'm toned and in shape. So those are my main goals...and to get those endorphins going!

I highly recommend a good gym membership for each mom and family. It's a perfect way to have alone time while getting in shape!

Happy Thursday to all!

PMB

No comments:

Post a Comment