Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Heat Wave

The Heat Wave is just around the corner...I can feel it.

Lately, the highs are in the 80s. It's manageable, but I know what's coming! Soon it'll be in the 90s and then we'll hit those lovely 100-degree temps Houston is famous for. Luckily, we have a pool to cool us down. Sometimes in mid-summer though, the pool even gets too warm to enjoy. It feels like a warm bath - not good for cooling off.

Today, Orien and I hit up Old Navy for some summer wear. I only have one pair of shorts right now, so I was on a mission to find more. When I became a mom, I put clothes-buying for myself on the back burner. I walked out of the store with 4 shorts and a skirt. Orien got some shorts too. It's so hard to resist buying him clothes. I am NOT a shopaholic, but little kid clothes are just too darn cute for me to pass up. I probably have a problem and buy too much, but I don't care :) Orien is always stylin' and that makes me happy.

Tomorrow I am trying out this new doctor my mom used and loved. Dr. Liza Leal is an allergy and hormone doctor. She uses all natural remedies I think - AND takes insurance! The other hormone doctor my mom used did not, so this is even better. I am excited to get tested for my allergies and see how I can feel better on a daily basis. I literally can't go outside, except for in very brief intervals due to the pollen. I'm still getting over the flu, so that isn't helping my sinus situation. I will post to update y'all on how the appointment went. I have high hopes for this lady!

Ok...Orien is napping and my bed and Jodi Picoult book is calling...

Love,
PMB

1 comment:

  1. I also buy too many clothes for Cadence to wear enough for the same reasons. I told myself no new clothes until I clean out my stuff and make some donations though. I have way too much that never gets worn. Yeah, the pollen is horrible, and my car is cruising dusty yellow like a honeybee.

    ReplyDelete