Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Summer Calendar

I am getting SO excited for summer!!!!

We have lots of things to look forward to. Now that the cancer is gone and Brett is healed, I feel like I can stop holding my breath. I didn't want to look too far into the future because the future seemed uncertain for a while there. But now we can move on and truly be happy about what the summer is going to bring us! Praise God!

Anyway, one thing I am really excited about is having family and friends over to cook out and swim. We loveeee entertaining! It's a lot of work, but it's always worth it. I love having people over and letting them enjoy our backyard and good food that Brett grills.

Summer would'nt be summer for us without the LAKE! Lake McQueeney holds so many incredible memories for me. I feel so blessed to have the lakehouse for Orien to grow up and enjoy. Like his mom, he will make many fun summer memories on the lake. We really look forward to this summer's upcoming weekend trips. I hope to bring friends as well, so they can have some R&R time on the beautiful Guadalupe!

Later in the summer, we have some trips planned. Toward the end of August, Brett, Orien and I are heading North to Jackson Hole, WY! We are meeting Brett's Aunt Judy and family there as well. We are going to enjoy a FULL week of the Tetons, wildlife, outdoor activities and relaxing at the house. It will be a fun vacation for all of us and a great opportunity for our two families to spend some quality time together.

Just two weeks after our Jackson Hole trip, we were given the opportunity to go to Disney World for a long weekend with Eric's school. Eric will be a senior on the football team and FBBA is sending them to FL to play a game. I'm not sure of all of the details of the trip, but I know we will all leave Thursday evening and return Sunday. We'll have access to the park and get to watch Eric's game (which apparently is being played in the park). Orien will be 18 months for both of these trips, so he will really get to enjoy all the fun!

I cannot express how blessed we are. We are surrounded by loving family and friends and have SO much to be excited about. The summer months are going to bring lots of JOY to our family. CAN'T WAIT! :)

Love, PMB



Here are two photos from summer '08 at the lake...




When Leah was a little pup! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment