Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Go Go Go

The Boettcher's have been on the GO lately! That's how I like life: fast-paced and busy. I do well when my calendar is full. It seems like my time-management skills are better when my free time dwindles down.

This weekend was no exception. Saturday morning us three went for a walk around the neighborhood and then played at the park. Orien was in the swing for maybe 30 min and could've kept going if we let him! We met some neighbors at the park and enjoyed the Spring morning. Leah got a special treat...I let her off her leash in the woods next to the park. She ran...and ran...and ran. That dog can RUN. I love seeing her let out all of her energy, because I know she loves it but I also know that means a calmer dog the rest of the day!

The main reason we went to the park is because we decided as a family that we need to GET moving and out more. We do a lot of things, but often instead of park trips or walks we sit and watch TV or clean the house. Well that stuff isn't as fun or near important as making memories as a family. We did two walk/park trips this weekend and had a blast. We're off to a good start.

Saturday around lunch I got my hair done. Now that I get highlights AND a cut, my hair appointments are two lovely hours long. So those appointments are just pure bliss for me. It helps that my stylist, Monica, is so so sweet and funny. She always has great stories to share. We talk about God, people, life, our troubles and our future...she is a wonderful woman!

Saturday afternoon the Berryman's and O'Conor's came over to burgers. We always want to hang out with them more (Brett's cousins & families), but never seem to make the time. So we were glad it worked out this weekend for us all to get together. It was SO much fun!! Little Allison is getting so big and prettier every day. It's amazing how much she looks like Catherine (see pictures below). She's a sweet, quiet, happy little girl. It'll be so fun for her and Orien to be really close in age. Anyway, the weather was sunny and breezy, which allowed us to be outside and catch up on life. We even dipped in the hottub for a bit. After Orien went down, we sat around the fire pit (although un-lit) and wrapped up the night with good laughs :) It was a great time and we MUST do it again!!

Sunday is our church/Home Team day! We love Sundays here. We haven't been to church in a few weeks due to Brett's recovery. It was an awesome service. I think I laughed half of the time Patrick (our pastor) is hilarious and was really on a role this morning. He is so REAL and relateable; we love it. The only "relax" time we had was in between church and home team. Brett and I rested (as much as you can rest with a 12 month old) and we all hung around the house. My Nanny & Parrain came over to watch Orien while we went to Home Team. HT was OF COURSE a blast. We are so blessed to have such a fun, laid-back, close group to grow in life with. We have become so close to the other three couples and families. They ARE like family! I could go on and on how truly amazing they all are, but that's for another post :)

Tonight, we will rest! Finally. Orien is down, I'm blogging and Brett is of course watching TV! I'm about to join him and spend some time with my other half. I love him so much and am so fortunate to share my life with an amazing, strong man like him. Ok, off to sit and not think :) Enjoy the photos. We got some GREAT ones at the park!




Brandon with Ali.

Catherine, Ali and Brandon

Isn't is outfit cute?

My man tries to climb everything.

We're ready for church!

My sweetie pie.

Park time...

Munchin'

Ha look at him just chillin'

Sweet smile.



This picture captures a lot. He is always so content in the outdoors.


2 comments:

  1. Great Fun and Great Photos !!!
    Orien is just full of joy!! It was great seeing him walk, talk and laugh!
    loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad ya'll had an awesome weekend! Sounds fun!! I think it's neat that Brett is close with his cousins. I have 4 girl cousins and I'm not close to any of them :(. Cherish that time, cousins are so fun! Believe it or not, I truly think Leah is a pretty dog. I love that she got some action this weekend too. And, home team was fun this Sunday, makes me remember why I love it so much! Orien looks so cute in all the pics too. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete