Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter in Galveston

Happy Easter Everyone!

As a perfect way to wrap up Brett's recovery, we celebrated Easter weekend in Galveston with my side of the family. It was low-key, relaxing and so fun. Orien started off the weekend with no naps :) He was going strong for most of the day. He liked exploring an entirely new environment filled with toys, big windows, new people and STAIRS! He was obsessed. Thankfully, Jordan, my 10-year old sweet cousin, loved following Orien up the stairs over and over. He hasn't mastered the "down" yet. Jordan fell in LOVE with Orien. She's such a funny and outgoing little girl. When Orien was napping, she would ask "When is he gonna be up? I wanna play. Can't he hurry?" They entertained each other all weekend.

Orien had a chance to spend some time with everyone there: Grandma Dottie, Maqui, Popo, RenRen, Nanny, Dad, and his cousins. Saturday I snuck in some time to lay out by the pool!!!! It's been so long since I've done this. I've been pale for going on two years now, due to pregnancy and being a mom. It was nice to feel the warm sun and cool breeze. I took a nice boat ride throughout the canals and into the bay too. It was a GREAT relief to be outside and not get extra congested. The oak pollen in Houston is at "extreme" levels latey (and will be for the next few weeks), and Orien and I can't be outside much at all. We both have bad allergies. Anyway, the salty, humid air didn't make our hair look great but it cleared our sinuses...

...So did the crawfish!!!! Eric was on a mission to boil crawfish for the first time ever. (Even though he kept saying he's done it "many times") So we ate lunch, then ate crawfish 3 hours later for about 2 hours, then ate dinner right after! We ate and ate and ate. We all crashed afterward. Sunday, I slept in :) Probably the highlight of my weekend. Then David, as usual, got the kids all hyped to open their Easter baskets and do the hunt. Keep in mind, the "kids" are 18, 17, 16, 10 and then there's Orien lol. But I guess in our family you get Easter baskets until you go to college!! Orien got two - one from the grandparents and one from mom and dad. He's so spoiled. When he realized there was candy and toys in the baskets, his expression went from confusion to excitement!

It was such a wonderful weekend with family. We all had time to relax and rest. Orien is worn out from the weekend and will sleep well tonight! And having a night where the little one sleeps hard...is music to my ears :)

HAPPY EASTER!
From The Boettcher's






















2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are definitely some great photos.. I am so glad to hear that you all had so much fun... I am jealous!!

    ReplyDelete