Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"It's Potty Time, Gotta Get Down Low"

Ladies & Gentlemen...
We've reached a big milestone around here! O is potty trained! Ah, I can't believe it. Mostly I can't believe how incredibly easy it was. I basically just put underwear on him and asked him if he needed to go a lot. Like every 5 minutes. But then the next day I only asked him every 10 min. And today he just tells me when he needs to go. He even uses public bathrooms with no trouble. I'm so proud of him. And I'm so stoked we won't be spending way too much money on those expensive chlorine-free, color-less diapers!!! Ugh.

Summer is wrapping up. O starts school in a few weeks. We're squeezing in as much fun as we can before we have to switch to an entirely different schedule. Speaking of changes... Eric is off at OU now!!! He left yesterday and this morning he moved into his dorm. That whole thing just hasn't sunk in completely. It's been a hard change for me to wrap my head around. Our family is VERY close. We get together at least once a week and have dinner and laugh and usually are (very) loud! It will just be different without Eric. But obviously there are a lot of positives too. He's starting a new chapter in his life - one that will change him, challenge him, and develop him. College was one of the best experiences of my life and I will cherish the friendships I made at Baylor always. I'm fortunate enough to have a lot of them live in Houston!!

Anyway, check out what we've been doing all week...




These guys are good buddies. They always have fun together and makes LOTS of noise :)


During those difficult hours - between when your child wakes up from nap and when daddy gets home - O was entertained by running and jumping off the bed onto the bean bag chair.


We hit up Galveston!


Mommy was SOOO exhausted from not sleeping well but it turned out to be an awesome day.


We met up with some friends and met new friends! 


O'Ryan loved the ocean (surprising to me)!!! He happily sat on our hips jumping in the waves.


Have y'all seen that YouTube video, "World's Biggest Dog Tease" where the dog says "Yeah, Yeah.."? Well that's O'Ryan's face he makes when imitating the dog LOL.


O's other really good friend, Katie! They are sooo dang cute together! Those two were 100% worn out after beach, hot tub and pool :)


See?


And again? The next morning.


These pics are random. I found them on Brett's phone and had never seen them. 


This is back in May when the weather wasn't 108.


Look at that form.


Aren't dogs funny?


O wearing his fireman hat after visiting the fire station today with friends.


We made cupcakes!!!!


Complete with "frinkles!!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Really love the picture of O making the talking dog face. L O L

    ReplyDelete