Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Little Story

Here's a little story. 

There was a dark, sad night several months ago I was alone sobbing on my bed all tied up in a knot of pain, confusion, desperation and exhaustion. I was angry God let me feel so much pain for so long. Pain that took me from my family and friends and isolated me. Pain that at times controlled me; defined me. 

Then a small body crawled up beside me and gently rubbed my back. Through the tears I made out my son's sweet face outlined with his angelic blond hair. Through my heavy crying I asked O'Ryan to pray for Mommy. This tiny little boy didn't back down from this scary moment of his Mommy acting so uspset and vulnerable. He put his head on my back and prayed. Prayed the most beautiful, simple, sweet words. 

"God pwease help Mommy. Take away her pain. Make her feel better. She needs you."

What he didn't know was that just before he snuggled up next to me, I was angry with God telling him I was lonely in dealing with this tonight. I needed Him. Where was He?! 

God worked through a sweet boy with a sweet prayer. 

Having endured makes life that much sweeter. 

He does not waste our pain.




























2 comments:

  1. You say "I needed Him. Where was He?" He was right there next to you the entire time. He came to you through O'Ryan. He's always there, you just have to see him as he wants to be seen.

    ReplyDelete