Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Train Of Thought (It's One of Those Days)

Last night at 3am I woke up to O'Ryan screaming. He went right back to sleep but I, on the other hand, was up until early morning with a pounding head and aching jaw. Finally I drifted off to sleep and woke up a bit better. Today has so been one of those days. My son is trying to set the record for most whiny days in a row. He's still on a roll. I'm not at my best today. I brought the iPad in the car so he could watch "Pheas & Perb"on the way to the gym. It's only a 15 min car ride but I was about out of sanity by 9am. Just one more whine was all it would take. Just as I was getting my groove back and sweat on in Zumba, O'Ryan decided to interrupt that with a dirty diaper. (It's weird to me that the childcare ladies don't change diapers - they come get us to do the dirty work. Pun intended!) I dropped by Home Depot to grab something and (oh so innocently) said, "Hey O, look at this train, how cool?" while in the checkout line. What am I? An amateur? He wailed the second he saw it, I'm assuming because he knew I wasn't buying it? So I paid and left with a seemingly spoiled-rotten tantrum child, dirty looks and all! This is why you must never judge moms. Okay? Trust me, we're more miserable than you at the moment. 

So Mondays are my days to clean the house, get organized for the week, work out, do laundry and lots of other things...you get the idea. Today laundry just seems so overwhelming. It's 3:32pm and I'm only on the second load. I haven't even attempted to clean. I took 30 minutes out of my day to shower and do make up/hair and turned around to 8,000 little chuggars, trains, mini people and dinosaurs and who knows what else all over my bedroom floor. Good thing I wasn't cleaning today! Oh, you know what I forgot to mention about "Pheas & Perb?" Last night I dreamed about platypuses. Who does that??!! I never have - and you can ask Brett - I have wacko dreams. Maybe I should lay off Phineas & Ferb. But seriously, it's so funny to me. I know I'm not the only one over 3 years old right?

I'm so annoyed it's still hot and humid in mid-November. I want to wear shorts today but my legs are white and gross. So a tank and jeans it is and lots of leg sweat it is. My problems are so dumb, I realize that. But I do feel SO much better after blogging. Oh wait...something just crashed in the other room. For real. That didn't last long. Ok, I'm signing off to make sure no one died. 




2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. You are doing great. Love You. This times will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God for the good days that out number the bad days. Tough times make us stronger.

    ReplyDelete