Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Extra Thankful Thursday

"Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me..."

Look what His LOVE for me has blessed us with:




Just a simple, (sort of) quiet evening of making sugar cookies together you say?

YES! 



Have you ever thought of how incredibly easily we can access food? Like these Otis Spunkmeyer sugar cookies (dinosaur sprinkles added by O)? 

Literally starving children around the world in Uganda are fed actual mud pies by their parents just so they won't feel hunger pains as much. I can't type that without wanting to drop to my knees in absolute gratitude toward Christ for our blessing of food to eat. 




The fact that we have a sturdy, warm, safe roof over our head every. single. day. is unreal to me. God has blessed us far more than we ever need. Really, He is enough. His love is enough for me. 




Please do not confuse these "thumbs" up with anything remotely related to that little school in College Station ;)

I'm forever grateful for my dedicated, loving, providing, joyous husband and the father he is. O'Ryan will continue to reap the rewards for life from having a father like Brett. 




I'm surprised it took that long (about 3 min) for the sprinkles to end up all over the counter, floor and on O's face and hands! 

Every night before I go to bed I sneak into O'Ryan's room to see him totally passed out - not a care or fear in the world. I lay my hands on him and humbly thank God over and over for blessing me with my child and allowing ME (of all people!), broken, imperfect me, be his mom. What a privilege. I pray for O'Ryan's health and protection from harmful things. Health is something to never be taken for granted. To have a son who is healthy, happy, breathing, talking and walking is a wonderful thing!




This is his "thinking face," as we call it. He puts his finger or thumb to his chin and goes, "Hmm, maybe, umm..." with a smirk on his face. 




To live in a safe, comfortable community where I can raise a family is so amazing. I just finished a book that reminded me so many moms wake up and go to sleep worrying for their lives and their childrens' lives. Turmoil and danger consume their villages and cities. 
Lord, THANK YOU for my precious neighborhood and city. 

It doesn't seem fair at times how blessed we are and how much others struggle. But then His Word reminds me:

"Shout out for JOY, O heavens; Rejoice, O earth;
Burst into SONG, O mountains!
For the Lord comforts His people and will have compassion on 
His afflicted ones."

Isaiah 49:13

No comments:

Post a Comment