Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Support System

What a whirrrrlwind of a week! I've neglected my blog, which is rare.

Thanks to my daily migraines, I was sent to the ER last Saturday. After being pumped with loads of pain med, I was released only to feel even worse that I had before. The pain meds made me feel some really bad side effects. Thankfully last week friends and family came together to help me. I couldn't care for Orien myself due to the pain. I am so appreciative for everyone who has assisted me during this time. 



Thursday was probably the worst day. I was hit hard with another horrible migraine. I seriously wanted to just die! Not literally but it was extremely painful. A mixture of pain pills and an Imatrax (sp?) shot in my leg finally made the migraine subside. It did come back later but at least I had some relief so I could nap. I went to bed at 7pm and slept until 6am that night. That is so rare for me. I think my body was so physically and emotionally worn out, I just slept and slept.


Since Friday I've had the pain under control for the most part. The headache starts in the morning, but I can stop it with a mixture of meds. So the plan is to meet with a new doctor (ENT doc/allergist) Monday and see if he thinks this could be allergies. If so, I need to possibly get allergy shots. I have a feeling that is what is causing all of this. I think stress may be a factor as well. 


It still amazes me how supported and loved I am. I should know by now, especially with what we went through with Brett, that there are so many people who are willing to step up and help. But I am still constantly surprised at the amount of love and care we receive! My family comes right in and helps us without a complaint. Friends text, call and send messages saying they are praying and can babysit. My church lets me know they are behind me and there for whatever I need. And all of these people mean it. Sometimes people can simply talk the talk but not walk the walk. Well we are fortunate to be surrounded by an amazing support system that really is there when we need them to be.


Orien has been awesome lately. He's always awesome, but he's been extra sweet and "kissy" lately :) He kisses everyyyything, including baby Jesus from our nativity and our Christmas tree. I think it's safe to say O will grow up having a love for Christmas just like his parents. He carries Jesus around with him and cuddles him and gives him his juice. He says "baby" "baby". He loves him! Too funny.


So I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to each one of you who has offered help, love, prayers, support and care. Seriously it's what has gotten me through this very tough week. You all are SO appreciated!!!!!!!


One more note...Orien is obsessed with watching America's Funniest Videos! This photo above is Daddy and Orien watching it. He will zone out and laugh and then sign "more" when the videos stop. Lol. He cracks me up. I love love this age! And for the first time I'm really not wanting him to get any older! I'm taking in every moment and loving all of his precious kisses.


2 comments:

  1. So sorry about the migraines. Those sound horrible. Hopefully the doctors can find you some long term relief. That's so great about all the support you have. So cute of Orien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness. SO SO SO sorry about the terrible migraine issues!! literally sounds MISERABLE. so happy though, that you have so many ppl who can help you out!!!

    hope you get it all figured out soon! and yeah...isnt this the most fun age everrr???

    ReplyDelete