Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blurry Photos & Saying "Merry Christmas"

I've had zero desire to bust out our big camera lately. I love it but it's so bulky! And usually I only have time to capture the fast-passing moment with my phone that's normally nearby. So blurry, fuzzy photos it is.


Are y'all sick of Orien pictures yet?


Good.


Watching Emerson for a bit :)


Peek-a-boo.


"choo choo"

Well Christmas time is in full swing. The malls are packed every hour of every day, lights are up all over town, Town Square is holding its Annual Tree Lighting tonight in the Plaza, and Sunny 99.1 is now playing Christmas music 24/7. 

I usually stay away from controversial topics on my blog, but this is what I don't understand. 

Why not "Merry Christmas?"

I mean, it IS Christmas time. And the reason for Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ! Yes, there are other holidays (Hanukkah and more) around this time. But it doesn't mean we have to clump all of the different religion's holidays into one saying - "Happy Holidays." 

In recent years America has made a big push to be extra tolerant of all religions and their practices. That is great! Most people support and applaud that, including myself! But why does Christmas take the beating? Simply put, it's another religious holiday that should be openly celebrated. So please, stores, media, politicians, please please don't rid of "Merry Christmas." The birth of Christ changed the world and mankind for eternity. Please don't belittle that miraculous event by saying "Happy Holidays."

Keep the CHRIST in Christmas.

After all, that's what it's about!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. In the name of political correctness, we have to change people just because they have historically been the majority (like not letting people say "Merry Christmas"). I LOVE when Sunny 99.1 plays all Christmas music! I'm still on the fence about going to the tree lighting. How big is y'all's big camera (or which one do you guys have)? Ours is the smallest of Canon's "big" ones, and I try to have it pretty much near me all the time.

    ReplyDelete