Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Orien's 2nd Christmas - AMAZING!

Was AWESOME.
It was
innocent,
sweet,
memorable,
entertaining,
funny,
JOYFUL,
warm,
&
priceless.

Hands down it was my best Christmas ever. Having a child puts a completely different spin on the whole idea of the season. It's so exciting to show him all that comes with Christmas - Santa (or "Ho Hoo"), reindeer, lights, decorations, candy canes, music... the list goes on! Although Orien caught onto the idea of Santa really fast, he definitely did not take to him. Not surprising at all, since he is 21 months, a prime age for being freaked out by the man in the red suit. We casually walked by Santa several times in the mall but definitely didn't plan on sitting on his lap and snappin' a photo this year. Next year, maybe?

Christmas morning was totally priceless! Orien reacted just as I had imagined he would. His Christmas gift to US was that he slept in til 7am! Ha! He's an early riser. So I woke Brett up at 6:30 and we exchanged gifts. It was nice to have that quiet time just with us on Christmas morning. We were able to enjoy each of our gifts and relax a bit before the real excitement began. 

I actually went and woke Orien UP. I've never done that, but it was Christmas morning!!! He was very sleepy at first but then QUICKLY caught on to the idea. After his first gift he really woke up :) He was cute though because he didn't get overwhelmed and rush through them all. He really seemed to appreciate each toy. We took our time and he would hug or kiss us after opening each present. Super sweet!!! We showed him his train table last, which was set up in his playroom. We got his reaction on video. I'll try to upload it but it seems that blogger doesn't like to upload my videos lately :(

All he plays with is the train table. He goes around and around and around the track saying "choo choo." Over and over again. I'm amazed something so simple can entertain him so much. I love it! He's a total boy - in love with all things with wheels. Trains are his definite favorite.

It was a wonderful Christmas and one I'll never forget. We are so so blessed to be able to have the Christmas we did. I know many cannot do gifts, but I hope they experienced some joy, love, family and laughter on that special day. After all, those are the true gifts in life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment