Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A year ago & an update


I love looking back every now and then to see what we were doing a year ago. This time last year we were embracing everything fall had to offer... Homecoming, pumpkins, football games and our 8 month old chubby-cheeked baby!










So life has been up and down lately! There is so much on my mind, not all bad though. Add fall colds in the mix and life gets even more hectic! I thank God for every little break and few moments of peace I get throughout the week. At the end of each day I feel like I have run a marathon. I'm not sure why we are going through this bumpy time, but with time we will see a reason! Something that Brett and I have always firmly believed in (and has proved to be 100% true!) is that there IS a reason for everything. Nothing is by chance. There's a bigger plan and I take comfort in that. 

The other day I posted on FB how Orien has been a fairly "easy" toddler lately. Now I'm eating those words big time. Oops. What we think is another phase of the all-to-familiar separation anxiety has arrived again at the Boettcher household. Orien had it pretty bad when he was younger. I couldn't put him down all day every day from when he was about 6-10 months old (just after I became a SAHM). Being with a sitter or at church childcare was rough on him. It affected his sleep (and ours). I've read a lot that this age is common to see this anxiety again. I'm sure he feels some of our stress as well lately. At nap and bed time he yells and screams. The poor guy can't catch his breath! We are into letting your little one cry it out when they're learning to fall asleep on their own, but we don't think it's okay for us to leave O to cry hysterically when he's genuinely freaked out. Sooo we've been rocking him to sleep. It's just a phase, it's just a phase...

Okay, I'm off to make my famous homemade guacamole :) Kidding, but it IS good and everyone loooves it. 

3-4 avocados
one diced tomato
5 or so dashes of salt
lots of lemon pepper!!! *this is the key!*
(onion is optional, too)

As you can tell I just kind of put whatever amounts I want to in each batch! It is YUM. Try it! We're having it with quesadillas tonight. Alright, until next post...

Love,
P

3 comments:

  1. Wow, didn't know he was having melt downs. Hope this phase is short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. You're a good mom, and he's lucky to have someone like you who understands when he's going through a time when he needs a little extra TLC from mommy and daddy. I think you are absolutely right about everything just being a phase. I'm sure it won't be long until he's a fairly easy toddler again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like so long ago that we was that little. Orien is blessed to have such loving parents.
    Sandra (Maqui or Qui-qui)

    ReplyDelete