Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

I Noticed

Orien,

Today I noticed a bit more than other days. This morning I noticed how you have come to love going to the YMCA with me. You know the routine. I noticed how you strut in confidently and wave to everyone. I noticed how you didn't even say "bye" to me as you ran into Mrs. Ester's arms to play! I noticed how observant you are in the car. You want, no need, to know all things at all times. I noticed you got that from me ;)

I noticed how you are a homebody like your mom and dad, too. When we've been away or running errands, you rejoice every time we pull into the driveway. Today I noticed you are trying to say "home" and "Leah" as we approach our house. I noticed you have had more sweet moments with our puppy Leah lately. You still love rough-housing with her (you are a boy after all) but you really love snuggling with her when she's sleepy in the evenings. I noticed tonight that you walked up to Leah, kissed her, gently pat her and then squeezed yourself up against her body. How sweet!

Today I also noticed how you love to put many objects in one big basket, box, etc. And then take them all out again. I noticed this brings you so much happiness just doing this simple, cute activity. I notice you always watching me to see if I'm noticing :) For 10 minutes I stood in one isle in Hobby Lobby today picking out pumpkin this and pumpkin that decor. I noticed for the whole 10 minutes (that's long in toddler time!) that you didn't make a peep because you were loading fake pumpkins into a straggler basket you found. When you were all done, I noticed how confident and proud you were. Makes momma proud!

I noticed during our bedtime routine how much older you are. No more rocking, no more "shhh" and "turn off all the lights", no more swaddling and bedtime bottles. I noticed you're a true, talkin' toddler dude now. You carry on very long (and extremely entertaining) conversations with Daddy and I lately. Just before bedtime today you talked for 5 minutes. I'm not sure what your story was about but delivered it well :) I noticed you tell me when you want your paci's and "boo" and when you're ready to cuddle. I noticed you're in charge of bedtime now - not me! I love that we can work together more now. I noticed that you stop and listen to me more so that we can work together.

I noticed today how you're looking more and more like your handsome Dad. I noticed how much of your Dad you ARE. I noticed how you still need hugs and cuddles from me, but you're enjoying testing your new freedoms at this age. I noticed how you love to explore, climb, run, jump, kick, throw, roll and be crazy. But you still love to be sweet with your Mommy. I want you to know I will always be here to "notice" you and all you bring to our life. Whether it's playing football with Daddy or loading up pumpkins in a grocery basket...I'm here to notice. Always.

Love from me to you,
Momma




4 comments:

  1. Very well said. I'm proud of you P :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sweet. Orien will love this when he is older. I love that you started this blog.
    Love You

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute! Make sure to print this and give it to him for his hs graduation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I loved this, soo sweet girly.

    ReplyDelete