Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ask

So I'm doing Beth's James study this Spring. Have you ever done one of her studies? Um, no words. Simply life-changing! It's deep... but isn't deep completely necessary to soak up all of what the holy Word has to offer us??

The bottom line of the book James is this: LIVE. IT. Live it! 

I am passionate about that message. Without good works what good are we doing to glorify Him? I believe we are each called to "Live It" in some way. God created us with a plan. A BIG one. One that is incredibly important and beautiful. He begs us, his children, to ask and ask Him to guide us so we can fulfill that plan. "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive; and your JOY will be COMPLETE." John 16:24

Let me tell you something. I fell into depression due to one sad reason. I didn't depend on Him. I didn't ask. That one detail I left out was my downfall - one that rapidly brought me down. I'm okay now and have learned my lesson in a big way. Thank the Lord Jesus.

It's ONLY because of God and His word that I am where I am today. The old me would be filled with self-pity, bitterness, anger, negativity and eventually led to isolation (see previous paragraph) because of my current battle. God didn't intend for his precious children to be alone and isolated. Just as we parents jump up and down when our children ask us for advice or guidance...God does too!!!! And like a thousand times more! He's saying, 'Come on! I'm here! Please talk to me! I can show you a life that's better than you could ever imagine!'

If you're feeling hopeless, or meaningless, or lost, remember...

Ask and you WILL receive! And then He will make your life full of JOY and totally complete :)





I didn't think I would confuse so many people when posting a photo of our broom standing up on its own. 


Look at the picture of our sweet cousin?! How funny.


Pain isn't stopping me from going to the dog park. Heat pad + ice pack + two dogs!


He got stuck!!!! 


Last night we went to dinner and town square with some family. Thanks Aunt G for the cake pop!





Sometimes O'Ryan and I go frog-hunting in our yard just before bed time. I know, I'm such a cool mom. Well, we didn't even need to go "hunting" to find this guy. He was in the driveway when we got home last night chomping on some nasty June bugs (Ugg, can't stand those bugs. They fly all crazy with their little gross legs.) Who needs National Geographic when you have a fat-bug-scarfing-frog in your own front yard?!


Brett has been talking about taking O fishing at the church pond for a while. They went this morning with some friends of ours. How CUTE is this??




Cheers. Daddies were in charge, can ya tell? Root beer for breakfast.






Brett said he actually kissed it. 



This pic is SO O'Ryan. He was probably saying something like, "Hey fishies, come bite my worm thing!"

2 comments:

  1. Man, did I need to hear that message. THANK YOU. Love the pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I'm glad. Can't wait to see you guys. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete