Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

All Things Red and Green

Only TWO DAYS til Christmas!!!!! 
And it's really looking like it around our house.



Brett got all crafty last night and made Wassail for all of his managers at work. 


If you're interested in the recipe, let me know.


Luckily he had some mason jars left over for ME :) They are some of my favorite things to decorate with.


All done!


Our tree. O'Ryan loves to check out his presents and tell me what they are. He says things like, "This is my monster truck from Santa Mommy. I told him I want one." ...which is funny because he's holding a tiny little gift while saying that. He sort of gets Santa, but doesn't understand that Santa hasn't come yet. 


Excuse the bad-quality pics...they're from my phone with not enough light. This is one of my favorite ornaments. My mom gave it to me (she gave me one nearly every year growing up - and we still get one from her but as a family). It's an aspen leaf and I think it's coated in actual gold. 


I LOVE this one! It's from Jackson Hole (where you can find the BEST ornaments). We got this the year we got married - also from my mom.


Yummm...McAlister's tea. I also have a mini Starbucks cup - soooo cute.


I think this is from Pottery Barn. We have a lot of ornaments like this - nature-ish ones. Did that make sense? Anyway...


See the reindeer? Another bad pic. But he's from Pottery Barn too. We LOVE it!!! We have a silver one too.



We have SOOO many cards this year!!! Brett set them out across our big bar area. This is one of my favs, pictured above.


We bought this train (on Black Friday, too!) on sale at Home Depot to go around the tree. A certain boy in our house is obsessed with it, as you can imagine. O'Ryan likes it, too :)

Oh and this train apparently prefers to not be on the tracks and drive around the house where it often gets tripped over or stepped on...


Rachel introduced me to Circle E Candles earlier this fall. This is HANDS DOWN the BEST candle ever. And above is my favorite scent - Christmas Tree. Seriously, they last forever and the scent carries throughout most of my house. 


My mantle is blah but I didn't want to buy stuff for it this year...maybe next year. But I DO love our stockings. 


Mine has sentimental value. My great-grandmother, Nini, made this! Can you see the detail in it? She made one for everyone in my family when I was growing up. Mine was always the favorite because it had Santa and presents :) I'll have this forever. Decorations like this make me happy :)


Another thing that makes me happy? Crafts with O'Ryan's hand prints!!!! He went to Advent Camp this week for three days and made this. Adorable. His little hands are still so tiny. 


Here's the silver reindeer.


See the little snow flakes? My mom bought me these last year. I sprinkle them around when I'm having holiday get-togethers. It's the small things like this that make me smile. Weird, I know!


My dining room changes a bit throughout the season, but here's how it looks now. More snowflakes. And see the mason jars on the ends? I put cranberries and a tea light candle in water - they float and look beautiful lit-up at night!


This large vase usually sits at the center dining table. I LOVE switching out its contents every season. The sliver sparkles BIG time (you can't tell in this pic). Our Christmas decorating colors are usually red,  forest green and silver...so this vase matches perfectly!

_______________________


That's it! Our home at Christmas. I missed a few things, but there's always next year. We only have about half of our decorations out because we're showing our house this season. 

I won't post again til after the BIG DAY! I hope your family slows down, enjoys each other and feels the joyful spirit in the air this Christmas. 

Prepare your hearts! Our Savior's birthday is almost here!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment