Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Update & More

What a whirlwind of a weekend. Friday O'Ryan and I went to the gym, HEB and had a playdate with a new neighbor. That night we cooked burgers and s'mores with some of our good friends. 

Saturday I was up very early for leadership training at church. It was a good time though, as always! Then off the pumpkin patch we went. O'Ryan enjoyed it. Especially since "G" and "DL" and RenRen were there!!!! He wouldn't stop talking about them all weekend. We enjoyed a VERY tasty lunch at a local place (can't remember name) where I ate a massive cheeseburger and watched the Bears. Man that game was a hard loss. Boo. Saturday night the boys dropped me off at the new Nordstroms Rack in Sugar Land while they bought some pumpkin carving tools. I've never shopped at the Rack but I found three really great (and soft!) shirts for super cheap. Yes!!! 

Sunday started early for me again since I was serving the first service in the Early Childhood Bldg. I had the crawlers for 2 hours. They were a BREEZE compared to having a 2 year old :) When O napped I designed some marketing material for my mom. I could sit and do that for hours. (**More on that topic VERY SOON I hope!**) As usual, our Sundays ended with Home Team at our house. I'm so glad O enjoys going to our friend's house with all of the other kids and sitter. They had pizza, fruit, toys and an entire backyard full of fun stuff to do. Without the kids we're blessed with a wonderful 2 1/2 hours of good, adult conversation about life, God and so much more! We actually are going to lead our Home Team now and are beyond excited. It's something we've prayed about for months. 

That about wraps up the weekend! 


My Fab 5 Moments of last week:

1. Spending nearly 3 hours at a friend's house just chatting. I was kid less so it was pretty relaxing :)

2. Wednesday bible study was AWESOME. Best one yet. Everyone at my table is really opening up and growing - God is amazing!

3. Body Combat Friday morning has to make the list. I missed it last week so it definitely kicked my butt. It's SO SO exhilarating though!!! 

4. O'Ryan and I went to the DOG PARK for the first time since last Spring. UM...HEAVEN ON EARTH (for me). I'm hoping to go more this fall/winter. There were TWO PUPPY BOXERS. Ahhh!!! Seriously, I freaked. Okay...next...

5. Church! I mean it was a really good sermon that Brett and I thoroughly enjoyed. It made us decide to change up where we are currently volunteering and make a change. I'm hoping to retire after 4 years from the Early Childhood and try out the Front Porch Ministry. Exciting! I'll keep y'all posted.


Okay, picture time. Did I post these already? These are from about two weeks ago. Just a little park trip!








1 comment:

  1. I'd say he loves the park! :) So glad for a nice weekend and hope you guys have a great week!

    ReplyDelete