Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Not just a photos post, I actually wrote stuff


Isn't this picture funny? Leah looks deep in thought. Probably thinking about rawhides or treats...


So obviously summer is just around the corner. The temps are quickly creeping into the mid to high 80s and sometimes hitting 90 already! Yikes. THANK YOU LORD for allowing us to have a pool! Seriously - we are blessed. It's a bit chilly still but warm enough to walk around on the tanning shelf and play. I know when our Aunt Judy and Brian visit next week they will think the pool feels like a BATH! They live in Mass. so they're used to cooler water :)


Orien is no longer timid about the tanning shelf and jumps right in! (Good and bad in my opinion - but someone is always with him so I guess it's okay) See above how he has his little airplane with him? This boy is still so obsessed with holding things. He doesn't go anywhere - outside, to the park, to school, church, in the car - without something. I'm told it's a "boy thing" :)


Our super sweet friend Ashley, who lives down the street, offered to give swim lessons to Orien this summer! It will work out perfect! I will get to stay at home and just let her take the reigns. I was planning on doing the YMCA lessons, but this will work out MUCH better. 

**MOMS** Are you interested in personal one-on-one swim lessons for your little one(s) this summer? Contact Ashley @ 832-692-7883 for more information. She is a very experienced swimmer who also happens to be an elementary school teacher! 


So Orien has not slowed down at ALL on the talking...he's a chatter box. Every day he literally says new words and sentences. Sometimes he has so much to say he can't even get it all out! He starts tripping over all his words, lol. 

Orien - everyone ALWAYS tells mommy how social and chatty you are! You are extrememly confident and fairly easy-going. Mom and dad are so proud of the little boy you've already become.


I love love love our little sweet moments together. I can't say it enough. It's the best part about being a SAHM. Like above - we were checking out how our feet looked under the ripply water. 


BOX HEAD. 
He constantly does silly things to make us laugh. 

Back to the being a SAHM thing. I am really feeling lately that I've gotten my groove as a SAHM (stay at home mom). Yes, it took some time, but I feel as if THIS is truly what I'm meant to do at this time in my life. For a while I wasn't sure. 

But don't think for a minute I'm saying it's easy peasy - just ask Brett - this week alone I've been close to tears several times due to Orien's meltdowns. Whew...when a 2 year old acts out on purpose all day, that can wear you down mentally and physically. I've been dealing with that some this week. 


Which brings me to this photo, HA!
(great Christian book, by the way)

I took some time this week to read and enjoy the sun.


Speaking of sun...

Check out what my boy made at school! He was SO proud to show it to me. I think it's beautiful (even if the teacher did it). 


Sometimes when we're not in a rush (and sitting in a parking lot), I let O sit in the front while I finish a phone call or jam out to music. He feels special when mom lets him do this. Look at him in his striped polo and crocs and white-blonde hair!!! 

AH, I could eat him up!


Just another afternoon in our backyard. Cool shot with the sun.


Me trying to be artistic. 


I love photos with the sun in them.


Wonder what's on his mind...


Eventually the dogs always put their faces RIGHT in the camera, lol.


We went to Walmart twice this week and Orien just had to stop by and swing on this swing. At first I was a bit annoyed because we had things to shop for. But then I sat down and started swinging and singing the ABC's and counting to 10 with him...

And something happened.

First, I realized my baby could now count to 10! What?! Then I realized he was 100% relaxed and zoned out while on the swing. So I joined in. I felt the breeze and closed by eyes, soaking in the moment. We could have sat there forever. Just a mom and her 2 year old swinging in the garden department at Walmart in silence.

Sometimes our kids set examples for US. We just need to take the time to see it. Kids still know to be silly, how to relax, how to be spontaneous, how to be honest and how to be 100% uninhibited!!!

So why not join in?!


No comments:

Post a Comment