Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend wrap up and a little announcement

Weekend wrap up: 
Brett and I headed to Rockport, TX for a retreat with our church Friday. A BIG thanks to Mandy (and her fam) and my mom and family for having Orien while we left town. Although our trip was cut short, it was great to getaway. We planned to stay through Sunday, but a horrible migraine snuck its way into my head Friday and grew worse Saturday. After we finished most of the retreat, we were pretty much stuck in the hotel room due to my intense migraine. I couldn't take it anymore so I called the doctor on call. She prescribed a steroid for me - woo! But unfortunately all of the nearby pharmacies closed too early so we had to drive back that night to get my medicine. It was a long 2 1/2 hour drive, but we made it and I got some relief! We were able to get Orien from my mom and had an entire Sunday with just us three. We love those days!



Orien having some backyard fun with his car today.






Little Announcement:
My announcement is that I'm working part time now from home!!!!! YAY! I have officially become a freelance writer! I'm currently writing for Houston Family Magazine. I met with the editor last week and we agreed that I would do one or two articles for them a month. I may do another job for them monthly, but that is up in the air right now. I already have three articles lined up and I cannot wait! I am slowly getting into this business and really just taking it a day at a time. I want to get used to my already busy schedule (mom/wife/churchvolunteer/MKpublisher/writer) first and then get myself out there more as a writer. 

This is something I have prayed daily about for over a year. Since I began staying home with Orien I sensed something was missing. I know a lot of moms can relate. I knew I needed to be at home with my son but I also knew I was meant to do something else. Writing has always been my passion. Now I get the chance to earn an income doing what I love - all from home and mostly on my time. Thank you God for answered prayers!!!! I patiently waited for Him to show me which path to go down. At times it wasn't easy and I grew frustrated but if you ask, you will receive (in time!). AMEN!


5 comments:

  1. Congrats. Great job. Looking forward to reading your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats super exciting! :) congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Patricia. So happy for you. Makes it nice to be able to do everything you love. Stay home with Orien and write and earn money to boot. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super exciting!!! :) i hope it works out well.

    ps- i dont live in SL but I have quite a few mom-friends with little ones who would totally benefit from your macaroni kids thing. im gonna blog about your website soon so that they will hopefully check it out!

    have a teeeeerrific week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome Patricia! So happy for you! Orien is getting soooo big! he's adorable.

    ReplyDelete