Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Broadway Across America Comes to Houston

WICKED


The world of Broadway is a fantasy world of its own. It's a world I like to escape to whenever possible. Last night I got the chance to get lost in one of the most popular plays in the past decade: Wicked.

The Broadway plays not only allow you to enjoy a thick, interesting plot, but you become emersed in the the music, actors and lights. Just like every other Broadway play I've seen, Wicked blew me away. It explains everything about the characters in the Wizard of Oz - including how the tin man, lion and scarecrow came to be. The music was AWESOME. The songs were so well-written. The play was actually very funny - something I didn't expect with this one. My favorite song by far was "Popular", sung by the Good Witch. To watch this song performed by the Broadway stars themselves, click here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9dCDMOTl7k&feature=related





No comments:

Post a Comment