Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up: Mommy Had a Mini-Vacay!

I was SO looking forward to this weekend because I had a girls getaway to the lake planned. My mom, Aunt Glenda, and some other ladies headed to lakehouse for some time without our men and kiddos. 

Let me tell you, it was bliss! I did miss my men, but not until Sunday ;) 

I'll get to more of my weekend details later in the post. First here's a few pics of Orien from last Friday.




This boy loves his baths, as most kids his age do. He must have his boat ("but") in his bath. I just wish he would like his bathtub as much as he likes Mommy & Daddy's bathtub! Ours is constantly filled with toys! Ha! I think I'll let it slide. Anything to make him happy.




We've been taking walks with various four-wheeled-toys. Orien picks out either a bike, this mini-stroller or a wagon and we loop around the neighborhood. We check out leaves, look for cats, copy bird sounds, squish bugs...all of those great memory-making Mommy-and-me things :)




Friday we stopped by Grandma Dottie's house to hang out and chat! She had a biopsy the day before and we wanted to keep her company and check on her. She was doing great! The biopsy is checking for breast cancer. We all strongly have faith that is will not be malignant and God will heal her just like He did last year! 

Our God is a GREAT God and can do the impossible.




Like I said earlier, some of us girls went up to the lakehouse for the weekend. Look who we ran into while in Greune? Ha! We wish. This is actually a picture of George hanging in Greune Hall. He's one handsome cowboy!!




We hit the jackpot in Greune! They had an outdoor shopping market that weekend. I thought these license plate guitars were cool. The weather was perfect and we all enjoyed shopping a bit. 




Afterward, we drove through the Animal Safari, which NEVER disappoints! It was so fun and we shared some good laughs. 

Overall it was such a relaxing, refreshing weekend. It goes without saying that it was MUCH much needed! I slept in until 10am Saturday! I can't believe my body even remembers how to do that. I don't think I've done that since before I was pregnant, so maybe 3-4 years? 

That was our weekend! This weekend we are heading to Mardi Gras!!!!! We cannot wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment