Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I have a 6 month old!!!!

Hey all!

I remember thinking for so long...I can't WAIT until my little boy is 6 mon. I just love that age! Well here he is, 6 months!!!!! His stats are: 17.8 lbs (50%), 75% length, 75% head. That's why lots of his shirts are hard to get over that massive (but cute) head of his.

A few new milestones to note...

1) sitting up! again, he still falls, but he makes progress daily!

2) grabbing for items (he's done this for 2 weeks now)

3) whining and/or crying if you take away an object he wanted - fun :)

4) reaching out to people - he has done this to his Maqui several times!

5) smiling at non-human things (ex- dogs) - he's done this for about a month now

6) laughing A LOT more!!!! LOVE IT!

7) eyeing our food and drinks; extremelyyyy interested in table food!!

8) and this week we've started him on Gerber 2nd foods which he gobbles down

Life is so fun with him! And my first week as a stay at home mom was wonderful. Tiring, yes, but so worth it and I can already tell he is more attached to me and loving his mommy time. We run errands together, went to Toys R Us to he could check out the fun toys, visit friends/fam, take walks, and today he went to the neighborhood park for the first time! The weather was finally a BIT cooler, which is SO NICE! We hung out on the swing with each other and it was a special moment. He leaned back on my chest and watched the trees and leaves blow around. It's one of those quiet moments I'll always have (mushy yess, but true). Some day I'll look back and miss when he was so small and cuddly. I hope he always is a little cuddler. I already get teary thinking about him growing up and not being a baby. That's part of the reason I wanted to be home right now. This precious baby time is so so special and FLIES BY. I am so blessed to be able to stay home. I am also incredibly appreciative of Brett for supporting me fully and working super hard to allow me to be with Orien. Brett knows it is best for him and encourages me daily. I am very lucky to have a mature, grounded, caring and (sometimes) funny man :)

Ok, off to run around like crazy doing housework since he's napping! Enjoy the latest photos! Love yall,

Patricia

At our church Home Team...
there was a 9 month old there this time & Orien made a girl friend ;)


Chomping on the cooking spoons.

HEY mom!


Laughing at Brett!


Observing.


Sweet little helper.


Leah grooming him!


Not too sure if he likes it or not...


Orien's new walker!!!


He moves it now and is starting to get the idea!


Leah always interested in the camera.


My happy sweetie!


Preppy baby!


Being cooool with mom's glasses.

3 comments:

  1. wow! I can not believe how big he is getting! Congratulations again! I just cant get over it. he is a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are able to stay home with your baby. You are very lucky in so many ways. Soak up every moment, it goes by so fast. Love all the pictures. Keep them coming. Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete