Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

B-I-G BABY

I guessed Orien was 10 lbs at most. I was way off...

He weighed in at 12 lbs, 6 oz. He's in the 75 percentile for his age. He's a BIG BABY. Very healthy though said the doc. I've heard of women having babies born that big...yiiikes. Everything looked 100%! Orien even had 3 shots in his thighs (one very painful one) and he screamed only for a few seconds...then mom could cuddle him and he just passed out for the rest of the appointment. Mom didn't even cry :) 

The next appointment isn't until 4 months, where he will get more immunizations. Although he doesn't like the shots, I look forward to them since I'm paranoid about germs and diseases. I think we have hand sanitizer and hand wipes in both our cars and all around the house. I've always been cautious about germs, but after having a baby it's grown to a different level! I never realized how gross the world is!!! It took me 2 months to finally take him to HEB. I'm getting better though with time :)

I only have ONE more month at home with him. Mostly I am bummed about not getting to care for him full time, but I am really looking forward to working again. It's been since Decemeber that I have worked. I miss it. I have some pretty good co-workers I'd have to say :) Definitely a cool boss. But leaving Orien won't be easy at all...I'll change the subject so I don't get too sad...

The next few weekends will be busy to say the least. Actually this summer is really filling up FAST. The next 3 weekends we will have visitors from out of town. Four weeks from now we leave for JACKSON HOLE. We've had to reschedule this trip 2 times now ($300/change...annoying)...so we're really excited about going. We have a lot planned, including a night in Yellowstone, fly fishing and just enjoying the mountains and fresh air. My family, two cousins and grandma will be coming too. That next weekend is Kyle's wedding; Brett is a groomsman. We're not sure if Orien will join us for that wedding. Then it's JULY 4th! Busy busy. I think we may finally have a free weekend in July to head to the lake, but not long after we have another wedding (I am a bridesmaid) and a bachelorette party. 

Sigh. We may have to wait til August to hang around the house and enjoy quiet family time! It will be an exciting summer with lots for Orien to experience. Every day truly gets better and better. And his first real smile was worth everything we've gone through. You don't really understand until you have a child, but it's the BEST feeling in the world.

Ok...off to get him. He's stirring from his cat nap. 

Much love,
Patricia


1 comment:

  1. WOW, he’s going to hit 100% soon. I'm ready for you to go back to work too. I need time to get my house organized & decorated.

    ReplyDelete