Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Milestones

The past few days we have started noticing Orien's new milestones... 

He has started making some serious eye contact!!! He used to just quickly gaze at us, but now he focuses on our faces and eyes. It's awesome! He also has been cooing a lot lately and making different sounds. I think he started really noticing he has hands now too! He loves sucking on them and playing with his hands. It's amazing to see him literally develop in front of our eyes. Every little new development is so fun to watch. Maqui (my mom) has seen him "smile" lately...I'm not sure I've seen a true smile yet, but they're getting closer to the real thing :) He has also been more alert and awake during the days (finally!)...but the nights aren't any easier yet lol. But it's fun during the day to be able to interact with him. Sometimes I don't know what to do with him haha...I feel like every second he's awake I should be doing something with him. But I've noticed he likes to zone out and have alone time to just gaze and chill. It's cute. I've been taking him on daily morning walks and he zones out a lot on them and LOVES the nice weather and rhythm of the stroller.

Ok, gotta start my busy day, Brett's about to head off to work. I have a day full of laundry, cleaning, packing and being a mommy...we're going to the LAKE tomorrow morning!!! Some of Brett's visiting family is coming with us until Friday. We'll be there through Sunday since my family is coming this weekend too. It's Orien's FIRST TIME to Lake McQueeney...should be fun :) We'll post photos. 

PS. I didn't realize just HOW MUCH STUFF BABIES NEED. I've been packing for Orien since yesterday and haven't even gotten to the clothes yet! 

Love yall,
Patricia

1 comment:

  1. Hey Patricia,
    Have a great time at the Lake. I am working on Adam and Uncle Joe taking the Monday of June 1 off so we can make a trip to see Orien. My plan is leave on Saturday (May 30) after Adam gets Amelia and stay till Monday (June 1) afternoon. I will let you know how those plans go.

    ReplyDelete